PDC offers support in project management services from concept through completion. Our broad
expertise enables us to provide a wide range of project management support. With our help,
the client's manager is able to concentrate on the major technical aspects of the project.
- Assisting the project manager in developing the detailed project management plan, which is the documented
baseline for all project activities.
- Developing detailed plans by organizaing project activities in a work breakdown structure (WBS) in
conformance with requirements documents such as DOE Directives 0.430.1A and G431.1-1, DoD MIL-STD-881 B,
and DoD MIL-HDBK-881.
- Preparing WBS dictionaries to project scope.
- Assisting in reconciling funding levels and estimated cost into a logic network and project schedule.
Control System Design
- Providing design project control systems that keep activities within the plan.
- Providing a mechanism for tracking the baseline, measuring variances from the baseline, determining
actions to keep the project on the baseline, or making selected changes to the baseline.
- Providing direct support for control activities, including serving on configuration management and readiness review teams.
Measurement of Performance
- Tracking progress, analyzing, and reporting on selected problem indicators.
- Assisting in identifying potential problems early so that the project manager can respond promptly.
- Determining trends and identifying current and developing problems and their root causes.
- Suggesting possible management alternatives for corrective actions or baseline changes.
- Analyzing the impacts of proposed corrective actions.
Reporting Project Performance
- Reporting the status of the project to the project manager.
- Preparing reports to higher managemnet.
- Preparing formal briefings on project status, problems, and trends.
Our goal is to provide clear, concise information that allows the project manager to stay abreast of the project's
current status, to identify potential problems, and to make critical decisions with confidence.